Wednesday, June 26, 2013

User review on MARIX's FARADAY DIY DVR Kit (Desmond Chan)

A friend of mine recommended MARIX to me for DIY solutions. So, I visited them over the weekend to look at their VStarcam & Faraday CCTV solutions. My requirement was simple. 30 days of recording.

So, I purchased a DIY DVR Kit from MARIX. Costing me $599 with no HDD. I'm going to add a 2TB HDD into the system myself.

Setup wise, the guide supplied by MARIX was relatively straight forward, follow the instructions step by step on physical connection and some simple configuration of time, motion alarm schedules, etc and I was able to start recording immediately. This is sort of a foolproof solution for DIY people like myself.

Next, hooking up the internet was quite straight forward too, MARIX's technician guided me over the phone and remote to help me get my IP done up and setup my port-forwarding on my router (FREE during PROMO Period). Using my own DYNDNS account I had previously, I set it up on the router.

Install the mobile APP and I am able to view my home instantly. Its so easy to configure and use.

Well, I used 3M hooks to secure my wirings along the way for now since I'm sort of lazy to do any sort of trunking myself.

The recording and LIVE viewing of the CCTV is very smooth and sharp. The mobile APP is also simple to use, open the APP and it will automatically link to my CCTV system.

I am also able to view my CCTV over the internet on web browser (IE tested so far) using my DYNDNS.

So, this solution works for me and my thanks to the MARIX technicians who helped me with the setup.

Desmond Chan
Satisfied Customer

---------------------------------------------------------

We thank Mr Desmond for taking time to contribute his user experience despite his busy schedule. The DVR System is available at Challenger FUNAN exclusively. As of posting, only 2 more units of DIY DVR with 500GB HDD at $599 is available (Launch Promo). A DEMO system is also available at Customer Service Counter 7 at Challenger. Do check with the Challenger Sales People.

No comments:

Post a Comment